Saturday, September 13, 2008

Another Boring Post

Okay, so this is a boring picture less post because I haven't set up our Internet yet. I am on my in law's computer with no access to pics. We moved into our new house last weekend and I think I am going crazy because I seem to have the worst luck (which is nothing new). We moved in even though not everything was completely finished. We hadn't painted the kitchen because the drywall wasn't done right, but we thought it would be no big deal to move in and do it after. First, I need to start by saying our bedroom and kitchen were both wallpapered and then painted over; so, we had a guy come texture the bedroom and mud the wallpaper seams in the kitchen. When the guy finished, I was a little sceptical that I would still see the seams in both the kitchen and bedroom but the guy assured me I wouldn't once it was primed and painted. I asked him like 10 times if he was sure because I was not too convinced. Well, sure enough after the painters primed and painted, I still could pick out almost every seam. Being the perfectionist that I am, I made the guy come back and fix his work and I decided I wanted him to do a Santa Fe texture in the kitchen. Then, the painters had to reprime and repaint our bedroom and finish the kitchen; so, for the last few days we have been homeless. We did not want to expose Talan to all the drywall dust and paint fumes so we have been staying at the Arnetts.

Although I am excited go back to our own home, I would like it better if it was completely furnished (but that is not going to happen). Meanwhile, the people delivering our washer and dryer were supposed to come on the Saturday we moved in. We arrived to our house and found a "Sorry we missed you" note on the door. They were supposed to call and tell me the arrival time, but I never got a phone call. I called the company and, of course, they had the wrong phone number. We rescheduled for Tuesday. Tuesday rolls around and they deliver my new, wonderful, maytag frontloader washer and dryer and, what do you know, the glass on the washer is cracked. Perfect, rescheduled again. Then, I am totally stoked because Directv is having a moving special where if your order a certain package you get an HD DVR for free; so, I signed us up. I schedule an appointment for Wednesday and I wait around all day for the guy to come. I get several phone calls telling me they are behind schedule. Finally at 6:30pm we get a phone call saying that someone will be there in 30min. I was like seriously how are you going to put up a new satellite in the dark; you need to come back first thing tomorrow; I am done waiting on you guys. Thankfully, they did show up first thing the next morning, but just my luck, they have the wrong order. They had us down for a a reguler satellite and dvr not an HD! Was I surprised, absolutely not; had to reschedule again and still wating....

In the midst of all this Jason and I get really sick. Great timing....I realized that there is no point in stressing over these small setbacks. The migraines and zits are not worth it. I know these are petty little complaints compared to the major disasters going on in our country right now. I bet most people who will read this probably think I am some spoiled little girl that doesn't have a clue about real life hardships. I'm not posting this to vent, but just to update and our first home experience. I know everything will be worth it in the end.

Anyway, the kids started Pre-k and they are loving it. It is so nice to have them in school everyday even if they aren't gone all day. Ha Ha. I love them to death but I enjoy my time when they are gone. Talan is getting so big. He laughs and talks so much and he is just as chunky as ever. I haven't taken pics in a while and I am going to try to take some tomorrow. He will be 4 months next Saturday and is still the sweetest, best baby ever.

Sorry for the boring post, but at least you know why I haven't been blogging much

15 comments:

Jared Westergard said...

Krystal, sorry for all your disasters that stinks. I hate Direct TV we had a similar issue. If you need any help at all don't hesitate to call me. I still haven't found a job so I'm available for whenever! I would love to help you guys out!

Andy & Jen said...

Congrats on the new house, that is so exciting! Sorry its been such a disaster! I can't wait to see pics of the house & kids, I bet Talan is getting so big.

Unknown said...

Wow! Sounds like you have a ton going on! When it rains it pours!!

We had similar issues with our house and the whole drywall thing-- no fun! In the end, it will all be worth it though!
Can't wait to see pictures...

☂niki. said...

Girl, you go ahead and vent and don't feel bad about it! it's healthy. and we all know these are just minor problems and that you are not a spoiled brat! oh the joys of a new house...i feel ya girl. it will all be over in due time! i can't wait to come and see it!

Ryan and Brittany said...

I totally know how construction on a new house goes!! I think most painters are dumb cause they smell to many fumes. Once our house was painted they told us to go around and put a piece of tape on all the places that needed touch up so we did. Then when they went to touch it up they used the completely wrong color!! Needless to say our house was covered with brown spots and they had to start all over. Just think you will have lots to laugh about when you think back on this experience 5 years from now. Miss you and Love you!!!

The Tyler's said...

Let's see if this works this time.

Sorry about all the crap that is happening. I love the new house and am sooo happy for you guys. You guys deserve every single square foot of it!!

Yes, we would love to go out this weekend. Babies or no baies??

Alexa Mae said...

not a boring post at all. sounds like someone doesnt want you settled in your new house. im sorry about all the "road bumps", thats super annoying!! i cant wait to see pictures of your new house and all the cute things your going to do to it.

David and Shalynna said...

Not a boring post- we love when you update! Post pictures as soon as possible. It is going to be so fun for you and your family to get settled into your own house. I'm excited for you!

Cara said...

Hello cuz! I finally started my own blog so I could be cool like you and Jill! I hope the house is coming along for you, I can't wait to see it!

damonandkami said...

Krystal! Your kids are getting so big! I found you through Jeannie... We need to get together! Where did you move to? Keep in touch!

Shalyce Narducci said...

hey girl!! so i finally updated my blog and you guessed right..It's a boy! So your family is so cute and he'd love to take pics of you guys! his photo blog is http://www.nicknarducci.net and his new site will be up soon, but you can email him or me for more info.

Grandmommy Crum said...

Hi Krystal, Im so excited for you, I would love to see your new home! I hope your getting more settled, it takes awhile. Hey by the way, tell your mom to read my blog, she might like the post I did. I sure love you guys, I love to say we're related, your kids have some Crum blood in them, its good stuff!!!

Jake & Sarah Salmon said...

Hey Krystal! Man, it was one thing after the next.. I'm so sorry! But I am so excited for you guys when everything gets finished and taken care of. Jake and I are wanting to buy a house so badly!..hopefully soon.

Jake & Sarah Salmon said...

Hey Krystal! Man, it was one thing after the next.. I'm so sorry! But I am so excited for you guys when everything gets finished and taken care of. Jake and I are wanting to buy a house so badly!..hopefully soon.

damonandkami said...

Krystal! hey is Kami.. i found you through jeannie.. I can't believe how big your kids are getting. This is a fun way to stay in touch.. I think you moved by Damon and me.. Where's your new house?